Friday, March 9, 2012

Welcome to my Art Blog

     Hi! My name is Chris Brandley. My passion is painting in oils, but I also love creating art with plasters, metal paints that will oxidize, gold leaf, and whatever else I can get my hands on. I absolutely love texture. I suppose my interest in working in different mediums started with my background in teaching, and also from being a professional faux finisher, where I plaster and glaze walls and ceilings, re-finish furniture, enhance iron banisters, etc. etc. I use a lot of these techniques and incorporate them into pieces of art on canvas.
    "Oxidized Metallic Ceiling in a Bathroom"
                                                  Back to my teaching background: I was a middle school art teacher for 11 years (from 1991-2002). I introduced my students to lots of different art media. As I taught, I also learned. As much as I enjoyed seeing my students light up when they created their own works of art, I felt as though I needed to create...MORE. A LOT more. So I took a leap of faith and was trained in faux finishing and business, I quit teaching, and I started my own business: "Creative Wall Designs" ( Visit my faux finishing website) I balance my "professional" time between that, and being a professional artist.
Panini Cafe'

                                                click here to purchase or see other paintings

     I decided to start a blog (as if I don't have enough to do with being a wife, raising our daughter, and running 2 businesses!) Seriously, though, I'm finding that people that I've connected with have influenced me greatly and helped me to grow even more. I will be sharing paintings and other artwork as they progress, outings with other artists, ideas, and thoughts on being an artist.
I would love to hear from you anytime and hope this blog can become a community of inspiration.

No comments:

Post a Comment